8 Skincare Do's And Dont's
Skincare is an essential aspect of our lives, and with so many different products and techniques available, it's easy to get lost in a sea of options. That’s why we made this from asking our guests and to provide us with eight skincare dos and don’ts that will help you personally achieve the best results.
1. DO Hydration is key: On average, our bodies consist of 60 per cent water. You need it for your cell activity, and pretty much everything else. Drinking water is vital, but you should also introduce hydrating ingredients to your skincare routine, which is where your hyaluronic acids come in. Glycerin is also very good for hydration and is largely underrated. It’s great for attracting moisture.
2. DON’T Over-Exfoliate: Exfoliating is an essential part of any skincare routine, but overdoing it can strip the skin of its natural oils and cause irritation. Once or twice a week is enough for most skin types.
3. DO Use SPF Daily: Sun protection factor (SPF) is critical in preventing sun damage, wrinkles, and fine lines. Even if you work indoors or spend little time outdoors, wearing sunscreen should be a daily habit.
4. DON’T Sleep with Makeup On: During sleep, the skin repairs itself, and makeup can clog pores and prevent this process from happening. Always take off your makeup before going to bed.
5. DO Drink Plenty of Water: Water hydrates the skin and flushes out toxins. Drinking at least eight glasses of water per day can improve your skin's complexion and texture.
6. DON’T Touch Your Face: Our hands carry a lot of bacteria, dirt, and oil that can transfer to the face and cause breakouts. Try not to touch your face unnecessarily.
7. DO Use Products That Suit Your Skin Type: Different skin types require different products. Using skincare products that suit your skin type can help tackle specific issues, such as dryness or acne-prone skin.
8. DON'T Skip Moisturizing: Even if your skin is oily, moisturizing is crucial to maintaining a healthy skin barrier. Moisturizers help lock in hydration and prevent the loss of moisture that can lead to dryness and peeling.
Skincare is about finding the right balance – between products, routine, and lifestyle choices. Following these 8 skincare dos and don’ts should help you get closer to your skin goals. Remember to give your skin time to adapt to new routines and products, and always be patient with the process!
Understanding your skin properly means you can get the correct skincare to address your concerns; Oak + Tonic is here to help!
Leave a comment