Etymologie | GUA SHA
This product is currently sold out.
Gua Sha was said to have been used for healing purposes in ancient Chinese traditions, we love it because it:
- stimulates the lymphatic system and blood flow to the face
- helps tone and tighten the face to reduce fine lines
- helps alleviate muscular tension in the face and any stress in the forehead
- is an excellent tool for effective facial massage
It can also be used with any of our serums or oils to aid the distribution of the product throughout the face, and maximize the product’s absorption.
How to Use:
Note: you should only apply a gentle pressure when using the Gua Sha tool in order to avoid any facial bruising.
- Apply a few drops of your favorite Étymologie Serum or Oil.
- Neck: Scrape the neck into vertical sections from the base of the neck to the jawline for about 4-5 strokes in each section.
- Chin and Jawline: Slide the Gua Sha from the middle of the chin up along the jawline to the earlobe on each side of the face for 4-5 strokes.
- Lips: Sweep the tool all around and over the lips for about 4-5 strokes.
- Under Eye: Be gentle in this area of the face and start at the bridge of the nose in the inner corner of the eye, and glide the Gua Sha under the eye across the cheekbone for 4-5 strokes; repeat on the other side.
- Brow: Pass the tool on either side starting from the inside and working outward along the browline.
- Forehead: Scrape the forehead into horizontal sections from the center of the forehead outward to the hairline on either side for 4-5 strokes.
We recommend your Gua Sha be used once daily for about 5-7 minutes for an overall brighter complexion and firm, glowing skin.